The education system in Canada includes both publicly-funded and private schools, including :
- Community colleges/ technical institutes,
- Career colleges
- Universities and
- University colleges.
Type of Tertiary Qualification :
- Certificate level- One year
- Diploma level- Two years
- Advanced Diploma- Three year programs
- Bachelor degrees – Four years
- Post-graduate Diplomas/Certificates- One or two years of study
- Master’s degrees – Two years of study
The minimum academic requirement to study in Canada is senior secondary education with minimum of 50% and IELTS with minimum 6.0 overall with no band less than 5.5.
The major intakes in Canada are September, also known as Fall and January, also known as Winter. There are few courses which starts in May, called as Summer Intake.
There are two to three semesters of four months each in a academic year
STUDENT PARTNER PROGRAM
SPP is a unique program designed by Government of Canada for Indian student with the partnership of Canadian visa offices in Indian and Association of Canadian Community colleges. It has simplified the Visa process. It allow Indian students to get visa quickly with minimal documentation. There are around 41 colleges and five universities under this program. Most of them are government funded and offer very high level of education.
ADVANTAGES OF SPP :
- Fast Visa processing – Under SPP, students get Study Visa in One to two weeks.
- Less documentation Work – Very few but important documents are required
- Medical Examination – it can be done before lodging the file and valid for 6 months
- High Success Rate
- Minimum 50% in recently completed education qualification.
- Mandatory IELTS with overall 6.0 not less than 5.5.
- Letter of Acceptance
- Tuition Fee receipt
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate
The deadlines to deposit you Visa application in Canadian consulate are:
For September intake – 01 August
For January Intake – 01 December
For May Intake – 01 April