Cyprus is situated in the northeastern corner of the Mediterranean, at the meeting point of Europe, Asia and Africa. Since the dawn of history, Cyprus has been one of the most interesting areas of the region and has a rich and visible cultural history. Cyprus provides an ideal setting for higher learning, it is no wonder that it has become a major international education centre, attracting scholars and students from all over the region, fostering international understanding and peace. This cultural diversity makes it a forum for international understanding and peace. There are many reputed colleges there.
- An island with 10,000 years of unique history, culture and civilisation.
- Standing at the crossroads of Europe, Asia and Africa, in the hub of Eastern Mediterranean, Cyprus’ strategic location has been a key factor in turning the island into an international business, financial and shipping centre.
- More than 1,000 international enterprises, including banks and shipping companies, are using Cyprus as a base and a springboard for expanding their activities in the region and beyond.
- The island enjoys ultra-modern telecommunications facilities, as well as excellent communications infrastructure (easy access by sea and air – 1,500 scheduled flights per month).
- Cyprus is a cosmopolitan island, the crossroads of many nationalities and cultures, where English is spoken more widely than in any other part of Europe, outside the British Isles.
- Cyprus ranks among the world’s leaders in per capita university graduates, and incomes are among the highest in Southern Europe.
- Cyprus is emerging as the easternmost and southernmost outpost of the European Union with privileged access to Eastern Europe, Russia, the Middle East, Asia and Africa.