History of the University of Regina
We have a proud history of excellence in teaching, research and continual commitment to our community. More than one hundred years of excellence in education has created a university devoted to making a difference.
The University of Regina has its roots in Regina College, a small residential high school established by the Methodist church in 1911. It grew in size and significance becoming a campus of the University of Saskatchewan and ultimately an independent degree granting university, the University of Regina, in 1974.
Partnering with other Universities
Over the last three decades the University has developed meaningful and lasting relationships with prominent universities in China as well as trusted relationships with representatives of the People’s National Congress. In 2011, we celebrated those relationships and the cross-cultural understanding and partnerships which have resulted. Our international reach continues to extend outwards with positive results.
Ø Business Administration
Ø Education:- Adult Education and training, Arts Education, Dance Education, Elementary Education, Indigenous Education-Elementary and Secondary Education, Music Education, Secondary Education
Ø Engineering & Applied Science
Ø Fine Arts
Ø Health Studies
Ø Social Work
Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Love the U of R!
- The U of R is ranked as one of Canada’s top 10 comprehensive universities
- 1 in caring students academics and personnel well being from beginning to end
- Campus is growing and has doubled its size in just 10 years
- The U of R is a global community. We are large enough to host students from over 90 countries
- Cheer or play on a sports team, and explore more than 100 campus clubs.
- IELTS 6.5, No band Less than 5.5
- 60% Minimum Marks in Academics.